VAULT ON TV: FORGED Cabinets Appear on DIY Network
August 11, 2015
When ‘HOT ROD’ magazine went looking for the best quality cabinets to furnish their commercial garage in Southern California, they chose FORGED Cabinets by VAULT®. These wicked-looking cabinets were tricked out by the world renowned airbrush artist Mike Lavallee and were part of a complete makeover that was featured on an episode of the popular TV show ‘Garage Mahal’, which is hosted by Bill Goldburg on the cable network ‘DIY Network’.
Take a peek at this video showing the installation of FORGED cabinets, which lined every wall in the El Segundo, California shop, and see how everything came together quickly and easily in their installation. The installers loved how FORGED cabinets were as easy to install “as hanging a picture”.
After the cabinets were installed, Mike Lavallee and his trusty airbrush made sure that the cabinets inspired everyone in the shop to build great things. If you look closely, you will spot a trick he used to lay out the huge graphic design. There is an overhead projector of a transparent print of the design that was projected onto the cabinet, which he then airbrushed. You can learn more about Mike Lavallee and his company, ‘Killer Paint’,
by visiting him at: http://www.killerpaint.com/
If you would like to view more pictures of this garage remodel, visit Hot Rod Magazine’s article for more detailed information about how everything came together.
This remodel was also featured in an article by our friends at ‘The Garage Journal’. If you are not a member of this forum, joining is free and there is a lot of great ideas on this site to help you design and build your dream garage.
You can learn more about the TV show ‘Garage Mahal’ by visiting the DIY Network at: http://www.diynetwork.com/
ABOUT FORGED CABINETS
When VAULT® designed FORGED cabinets our goal was to offer the finest quality cabinet at their price point. The following ultra-premium features
are all standard:
- Beautifully detailed in automotive-quality powder coated surfaces on all exterior doors, drawer fronts and side panels, the premium finish on our Pro Series cabinets projects a luxurious, deep gloss that is also easy to clean. Other companies skimp on powder coated surfaces because matte textured finishes can hide blemishes and is cheaper. VAULT®’s luxurious, yet durable, finish is a signature feature that has made our cabinets famous.
- Handcrafted from Premium-Grade Galvanized Zinc Coated Steel — known for its excellent combination of long life, strength and protection of steel from rust better than other corrosion protection systems– galvanized steel is one of the best raw materials from which to build cabinet interiors.
- Drawers operate smoothly on extreme-duty ball bearing drawer slides. Drawers will easily accommodate an extreme amount of weight up to 225lbs without any noticeable fatigue in their operation.
- Shelves will accommodate 400lbs of weight per shelf with no fatigue. Four adjustable shelves are included in Armoire’s and one adjustable shelf in base & wall cabinets.
- All doors have double-wall steel construction with stiffening flanges built in place to create a stronger, rigid door. How impressive is our door construction? A single Armoire door weighs an astounding 48lbs!
- Top performing fully-adjustable hinges by Blum guarantee that all doors can be in perfect alignment.
- Full-extension hardware allows easy access to the furthest reaches of the drawer, providing easy accessibility to all contents.
- Committed to offering a stylish product, all visible surfaces were painstakingly critiqued to eliminate unsightly welds and fasteners and to provide joint seams and reveals that are highly precise and consistent. No visible seams or soldered joints are exposed. All powder coated surfaces are hand sanded before paint.
- Procedures for installation are outlined in the owner’s manual. We recommend that you make arrangements for professional installation of cabinets prior to delivery.